How to Replace a Shower Head
Plumbing Service How-To Videos
Today we are going to replace this old shower head with a new conservation shower head, which will save water, energy and money. It’s very simple to do. You just need some pliers and thread sealant tape.
- Start by removing the old shower head using the pliers, if necessary. It’s usually pretty simple to unscrew it off the pipe.
- Apply thread sealant tape to the threads to prevent the pipe from leaking. 2-3 wraps of sealant tape are plenty.
- Screw on the new conservation shower head by hand until it’s tight.
- Take your pliers / channel-locks to tighten it down. A crescent wrench will work if you don’t want to leave marks.
- Don’t tighten more than necessary.
The conservation shower head has a valve to control the flow. If you don’t want to replace the shower head on your own then contact Garvin’s 24/7 to schedule your free estimate.