How to Clean an In-sink Aerator
Plumbing Service How-To Videos
Have noticed your faucet has low flow or lower water pressure? It may be due to the in-faucet aerator. Sometimes the aerator can become clogged with gunk or caked with hard-water mineral deposits, which can slow down the water flow from the faucet.
Follow these steps to clean the in-sink aerator:
- Unscrew the aerator on the sink faucet.
- You may need to use a channel lock if the aerator is screwed on too tight.
- Once the aerator if off the faucet take out the screen and other parts.
- Rinse out the screen and all parts inside the aerator.
- Put the screen and other parts of the aerator back together.
- Screw it back onto the faucet.
You should notice better flow and increased water pressure once this is done.