How to Check if Your Toilet Tank is Leaking
Plumbing Service How-To Videos
Have you wondered if your toilet tank is leaking? Do you hear your toilet turning on and off consistently? You can test if your toilet tank is leaking with a packet of blue toilet tabs for the tank, which you can get from Garvin’s or your local hardware store.
Follow these steps to test if your toilet tank is leaking:
- Remove the lid to the toilet tank.
- Remove the blue dye tablets from the packet and drop them into the tank.
- Put the lid back onto the toilet tank.
- Let the blue dye tablets completely dissolve.
- This will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- If you see blue in the toilet bowl then you have a leak from the tank into the toilet bowl.
If your toilet tank is leaking then please contact at 303-571-5114 Garvin’s and we’ll provide a Speedy Fast Quote to fix the leaking tank.